Sunday, September 25, 2016

Missionary Life -- Piece by Piece

Piece by Piece – The King of My Heart


Thank you for this incredible opportunity to fall in love with Christ every day; because of your generosity, God has poured out his grace, love, and mercy in abundance and has completely overflowed my heart.  Coming into Full Time Missions, I was prepared to be Martha (Luke 10:38-42) to work and pour out what I thought was Jesus into all of those people I encountered so they may encounter Christ.  Little did I know that God would call me to be Mary, to sit at his feet and receive his love.  There is a season for everything and the Lord is very clear that I am in a season of receiving; receiving his healing for wounds that I thought were already healed or forgiven, receiving his knowledge of how intertwined our lives are with the lives of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and that he is a God who keeps his promises, and receiving the Holy Spirit who is like water seeking the depths of our souls to purify and love us in the most intimate and profound ways.  LITTLE DID I KNOW HE WANTED MY HEART, he wants me!

Praise God for his providence and vision that he can see clearer than we can and is much more patient than we will ever be.  Praise God for each one of you who felt the call to join in the mission of winning souls, thank you for believing in the love God has for you and me.


Let me give you the highlights of the glory God is giving and receiving through Life Teen Full Time Missions.  We’ve had some pretty great teachers over the last couple of weeks.  Starting with Stephen Estes, Director of Life Teen Missions, we spent an intense 4 days going over Missionary Spirituality and the call to be a missionary with Redemptoris Missio by St. John Paul 2.  His love for the Lord shines through his teaching, his enthusiasm to lead and guide us to see how God has called each of us individually into a bigger mission (Life Teen) is incredible, and his childlikeness shows his vulnerability and strength as a leader.  We are blessed to have him.  Next up, we had an awesome lady named Kristin come to us for 3 days to speak about prayer.  We dove deep into the different ways to pray, the gifts that God wishes to continue to pour out through prayer, and ways to discern the different times in our lives and how to maintain prayer throughout it all.  Lastly, we were rocked by a fantastic priest from the Servants of Christ Jesus, Fr. John Ignatius.  This quote summarizes how he knocked us out the last 5 days of Missionary Academy: “It is my great privilege to introduce them to the depth where God spiritually envisions them” Fr. John Ignatius. 

PRAISE GOD!!!! Words can’t do these two weeks justice; I’m beyond grateful and glowing that God loves me more than I can ever imagine. The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob is pursuing me and you…are you ready?! Blessed be God!! THANK YOU!
Glassy Mountain -next to Covecrest- Home

--Live Jesus--


No comments:

Post a Comment